Answered

Sonosnet + Ethernet = ???

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Unless you individually switch a SONOS radio OFF, it will be active with or without an Ethernet connection. If the radios automatically switch OFF when an Ethernet connection is established, there would be no SonosNet wireless mesh and all of the units would need to be wired or you would need to use WiFi. Attempting to have some units use SonosNet and some units use WiFi does not usually work well. (except for ROAM and MOVE that use WiFi exclusively)

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Unless you individually switch a SONOS radio OFF, it will be active with or without an Ethernet connection. If the radios automatically switch OFF when an Ethernet connection is established, there would be no SonosNet wireless mesh and all of the units would need to be wired or you would need to use WiFi. Attempting to have some units use SonosNet and some units use WiFi does not usually work well. (except for ROAM and MOVE that use WiFi exclusively)

Thankyou very much, you have confirmed exactly what I thought I already knew. I think that’s everything that’s rattling round in my head at the minute.

Many thanks, one and all 👍🏻