Answered

Sonos Storing Multiple Versions of Same Playlist

• 3 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello all,

I am having an issue with my library that is stored on a synology NAS. The NAS is located at work and I use my home PC to sync my music library to the NAS. The NAS backup is in a to-way sync. Problem is, multipe versions of the same playlist are appearing on the android app, often followed by a series of numbers like it’s doing some sort of version control. I have checked my sync settings in synology and the files themselves. There is only one .m3u file in the playlists folder. How can this be remedied? Sonos documentation is not helpful. Is there a setting in synology that is doing a hidden version control/backup? I cannot delete playlists that don't exist in my files.

icon

Best answer by sjw 3 August 2023, 10:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Check the recycle bin for the Share the playlists are in, I think the older ones will be in there. Empty it/move them to a different place not indexed by Sonos.

Or have Sonos index a top level folder in the share, as opposed to the entire volume.

Check the recycle bin for the Share the playlists are in, I think the older ones will be in there. Empty it/move them to a different place not indexed by Sonos.

I’ll check in here tonight, thanks for the tip.

Or have Sonos index a top level folder in the share, as opposed to the entire volume.

That’s How I have it set up in the android app, thank you for the tip though.