Answered

Sonos speakers cutting out streaming BBC radio

• 2 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Has anyone found a fix for sound cutting off when streaming BBC radio stations from another source?
IE live radio streamed via Roon or Logitech media server the sound will blip off every few seconds , however when played via the Sonos app its fine.

However if I use a newer speaker via Airplay I don't have and issues.

Is it simply the processing power of these speakers?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 3 April 2023, 12:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @keeper 

Thanks for your post!

I can’t say that I know - I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports. Please be aware that as these third-party devices are not supported, you may not get much of an answer, though they should be able to tell you if the issue is due to failed transmissions at the speaker - I suspect not. I would recommend ensuring the quality of the connection these devices have to your network.

It certainly seems like the answer would be to stream BBC to Sonos by using the Sonos app, or using AirPlay, however.

I hope this helps.