Answered

Sonos S2 Windows app not Launching

Hi. I am having trouble getting S2 windows app to work. When I select the installed app icon a orange Sonos logo appears in the middle of the screen ± 500x500 pixels. Then disappears without the controller loading. 
I have tried:

Uninstalling, removing from recycle bin, deleting the downloaded file. Re-downloaded and installed, with restarting the PC inbetween.

Made sure the windows firewall allowed all the Sonos apps and options (private and public)

Switched off my anti virus totally. Uninstalled and reinstalled while off.

None of the above seemed to work.

Please help guys, this is really frustrating. Am also struggling with support as I am from South Africa and we don't have any proprietary support here. The time difference makes it difficult to contact the US support team.

icon

Best answer by controlav 30 December 2020, 04:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I dug into his at work, and confirmed this was a regression in Windows, which has been fixed. However it will probably be a long time before that fix makes its way into a shipping version (because reasons). The workaround is correct.