Sonos S2 upgrade has reduced previous S1 and mixed S1/S2 systems to junk

• 2 February 2021
  • 3 replies

I dearly want to throw my complete Sonos system in the garbage but I can’t because I have invested over $7,000 in equipment prior to the S2 upgrade. The S2 upgrade has reduced my mixed system to barely operable garbage. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Is this just a vent, or are you seeking assistance?

I would take whatever advice I can get to reduce my frustrations. I’m not available at this time however. 

Understandable. When you do have the time, it would be useful to give a few more details about your system, so those who desire to assist can build a mental image of your setup, and come up with perspective ways to assist.

I’ll offer one rather generic but often helpful tip, especially after a Sonos upgrade that seems to have gone wrong. Unplug all of your Sonos devices from power. While they are unplugged, reboot your router. When the router comes back up, plug back in your Sonos devices, and wait a couple of minutes for them to boot up and reconnect before testing. This process can fix several potential issues, but is not a ‘silver bullet’ to address everything, so it may help, or it may not, but it certainly wouldn’t hurt anything.