Answered

Sonos S2 adjusts iphones volume as well

• 14 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Hey,

I’ve a newborn son that really loves sleeping on me so I’ve to adjust my Sonos sound a lot due to inconsistent volume even with night mode on.

I’ve noticed that when adjusting the sound for my Sonos playbase through the Sonos app it also adjust my iPhone volume, going from no sound to actually have a lot of sound. So when I start looking through other apps now they start blasting sound almost waking my son up. 

Has anyone else noticed this as well or maybe there is a setting that I can tweak so it doesn’t adjust both my iPhone and my Sonos?

content on the tv is coming through Apple TV apps, if that helps.

Adding video of the problem.

https://youtube.com/shorts/LkXYmr4g9Cw?feature=share

icon

Best answer by Filipblom 16 November 2022, 21:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Go into settings in sonos app - preferences and un-toggle lock screen controls.  That should keep your phone volume and your sonos volume operating independently.

Go into settings in sonos app - preferences and un-toggle lock screen controls.  That should keep your phone volume and your sonos volume operating independently.

Didn’t work, volume still going from mute to like 10% on the phone.

Tested the hardware volume controller and turned that off, looks like that might have solved it