Question

Sonos S1 app (iPhone)

• 18 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, the S1 app on my iPhone isn’t working at this time. It says it is connected when I press the 2 buttons on a speaker then reverts back to not working.

my wife’s iPhone has no problems using the same app.

thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @whiskey_remorse.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I would like to ask some questions to better understand what is going on.

the S1 app on my iPhone isn’t working at this time. It says it is connected when I press the 2 buttons on a speaker then reverts back to not working. May I know what are we seeing on the Sonos App and what are we trying to do that prompted the Sonos App to give this specific instruction?

my wife’s iPhone has no problems using the same app. Can we check if your wife’s iPhone and your iPhone are connected to the same Wifi Network that the Sonos system is connected to.

I would also like to recommend the following troubleshooting steps to help out.

1. Can we try to check (your wife’s iPhone and your iPhone) if they are both connected to the same WiFi name. If they are not, please make sure they are connected to the same WIFi name. It may help if we move a little bit closer to a Sonos product while we turn off and turn on the Wifi connectivity on your iPhone.
  2. Close the mobile data connection on your iPhone and restart the mobile device by turning it off and turning it back on. Let’s move a little closer to your Sonos device.
  3. Once your iPhone is turned back on and you are close to one of your Sonos product, turn on the WiFi connection on your iPhone (keep mobile data off) and connect to the same WiFi name your phone is connected to.
  4. Open the Sonos App and tap on connect to the existing system.

If the above recommendation does not work, I would like to ask if we can submit a diagnostic from your working Sonos App so we can check what is going on. I would also like to ask if we can provide some details about your network to be able to understand your network layout.

1. Router make and model.
  2. Modem make and model.
  3. Wifi booster or extender make and model.
  4. Mesh system make and model.
  5. Secondary or tertiary router make and model.
  6. Other devices wired to the router.
  7. Network switch or hub make and model.
  8. Other devices wirelessly connected to the router.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. Here in the community, everybody can help you out.

Thanks,