Skip to main content

Hi all, I just spend several hours reading the several discussions about the bugs create by the android 10 Release.

I’m using several samsung phones which are not able anymore to found my Sonos system.

System a boost and 4 old play one. I’m not able to connect it anymore via the boost to my phone.(yes IO restarted all the system , the router , the app, the phone , and no it did not fix the issue….)

Funny point on my ‘old’ Samsung phone under Android 8 it is still working.

So it seems that on top of Sonos issue with the I-phone OS, you also have issue with Android 10 . Is there a fix foreseen as the problem with the latest android OD as it seems not linked to the phone manufacturer (several of them are impacted according to the forum .

HI @StefanCelMare

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Let me share some information to help you out.

The issues reported on Android 10 devices have been resolved. In your case, you're unable to connect to your Sonos system using your Samsung Android 10 mobile device. I really appreciate all your effort in trying different troubleshooting steps to be able to connect to your Sonos system. Let me suggest the following steps and see if you will be able to connect.

• Forget the WiFi network
    • Swipe down to access your Quick Settings and tap on. to turn on your Wi-Fi settings.
    • Tap Settings > Connections >Wi-Fi.
    • Tap the Wi-Fi switch to turn it on.
    • Touch and hold the desired network, then tap Forget network.
  • Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
    • Swipe down to access your Quick Settings and tap on. to turn on your Wi-Fi settings.
    • Tap on the word Wi-Fi to view available Wi-Fi networks.
    • Select your Wi-Fi network.
      • Note: Please be sure to connect to the same WiFi network where your Sonos system was setup.
    • Enter the Password then tap Connect.
    • Open the Sonos app and connect to your system.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above. If you're still unable to connect, I'd appreciate it if you can run diagnostic reports submitted from your Samsung Android 10 and Android 8 to compare. Please don't forget to include the confirmation numbers in your response to look into your system and find out the cause. We'll wait for your reply.

Hi guys,

I performed your manipulation on the samsung A20 with android 10. Good news it finally detected the speakers and the but is claiming for an update it cannot finalize. Bad news the detected speaker disappeared from the complete system on the other phone which was detecting it.§Galaxy A3 with Android 8.

So situation is worse than before as the working system (android 8 phone lost one of the speaker). By trying to recover it I reset the speaker to the factory setting on the advice of the online support, but no way to update it properly, so it is n
NOT Working anymore.

Moreover I only have S1 compatible device (1 boost ; 4 play 1) and the S1 app is constently pushing me to use the S2 app, which request the use of localization and bluethoot I don’t need for my device.

Your system used to simple to set-up, now it just turned into a nightmare. Spend more time trying to fix it this WE than I spent time over the last 5 years .

Diagnostic submission Galaxy A3 android 8 ; S1 app ; Confirmation number 713732125

Diagnostic submission Galaxy A3 android 8 ; S2 app ; Confirmation number 1905437853

Diagnostic submission A20 android 10 ; S2 app ; Confirmation number 20614459298

Sorry for my frustration and thanks in advance for your support.

Hi @StefanCelMare 

Thanks for your response and for updating us. Upon checking the diagnostic reports, your router is incorrectly configured, your network devices are exposed on the internet that includes your Sonos products and even your mobile devices that have the Sonos app installed. The diagnostic detected that your Sonos players have Public IP Address. This means that your Sonos is connecting outside your private network. Private network IP address ranges of 192.168.X.X, 10.X.X.X, or 172.16-31.X.X.

Correcting the configuration will also resolve the issue for any mobile Sonos controllers. Let me share the following steps to help you out. This may look complicated and confusing, I would recommend you to reach out to your Interner Service Provider or suitable networking professional for assistance.

• Enable DHCP and NAT on the router. 
    • Manage your network devices behind a router and use DHCP and NAT. 
    • Please see incompatible hardware with Sonos
  • Enable the router's firewall.
    • Enabling your firewall settings will secure your network and protect you against outside attacks.
  • Disable Bridge Mode.
    • Some Internet Service Providers supply a router that's pre-configured in bridge mode. Please contact their ISP for assistance on configuring their router.
  • Check DMZ settings on the router. 
    • Please do not place a Sonos speaker in a router's De-Militarized Zone (DMZ), which exposes them to the internet. 
  • Check port forwarding. 
    • Please do not forward ports to Sonos speakers. Check this article as a reference for Sonos TCP and UDP ports.
  • Check router settings
    • The auto channel must be set to Off
    • Choose the best non-overlapping channel (1,6,11)
    • Set channel bandwidth to 20MHz
    • Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz should be enabled
    • UPnP should be enabled
    • 802.11 bands should be set to b/g/n
    • Airtime Fairness should be disabled (if applicable)

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and keep us posted. If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.

Hi all, many thanks for your support and advice. Problem has been solved.

Ip conflict was indeed root cause of my issue. Know everything is back to normal with all the phones.

just a last question, why can
I not continue to use Sonos S1 app? I’m always requested to go upload and use the S2 despite the fact I have only S1 compatible speakers.

Hi @StefanCelMare, thanks for your response and for updating us. I’m glad that you can now connect to your Sonos system and the IP conflict has been resolved. All your Sonos speakers are compatible both in S1 and S2 systems. Even you’re using the S1 app, you’re being prompted to update to S2. Sonos S2 operating system will continue to receive updates for compatible devices, which brings support for higher resolution audio, saved groups, and support for new Sonos products, you can learn more about the Sonos S2 app on our S2 home page. Please feel free to reach out if you have further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you.