Sonos Radio HD Popup

• 30 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I subscribe to Sonos Radio HD. Why am I being advertised at within the app? Additionally, what kind of gerbil dev doesn’t at least check that the user isn’t in a menu or, say, the volume controls before popping up something like this? If you’re going to show these obnoxious CTA’s at least make the minimum effort to not be a d*** about it. 

Also also, if I tap anywhere outside the bounds of the ad, the reasonable expectation would be for it to dismiss. That little X is not very conspicuous. Anti patterns everywhere, unless you’re a parasitic advertiser. Might as well just put a Spin the Wheel modal; it wouldn’t be much lower on the bad-advertising food chain.

Mod edit: removed bad language

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Go to App preferences and turn off “Allow Pop-Up Messages”

Also Check the settings in your online account profile and in “Contact Options” untick “Sonos app”

Hope that helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Go to App preferences and turn off “Allow Pop-Up Messages”

Also Check the settings in your online account profile and in “Contact Options” untick “Sonos app”

Hope that helps.

You’re an actual angel.