Skip to main content

I used to have a “Sonos power plan” in Windows for my desktop.  Is it no longer available?

I’ve never heard of a Sonos Power Plan. Is it a third party application? 

When I got the Sonos controller for Windows 7, it showed up automatically.  I saw it briefly when I upgraded to Windows 10.  And then it disappeared.  It is a regular Windows power plan that allows Sonos to play music from your hard drive even when your system goes to sleep @ the power plan specs. 

Honestly, I’ve never heard of any Sonos application having anything to do with power, in any form. The normal Sonos controller can be found  here, but you won’t find any power settings in it. 

I just looked at a Windows 7 machine, and it has a Sonos plan. It specifies “put your computer to sleep -- Never”.  So I’ll try that.  I hope it works! 

Well, if you never put your PC to sleep via a Power Option, then you can play tracks from your hard drive via Sonos.  Done!

I installed the PC sonos application and also received the same plan and annoying it was applied, I have since changed back to Max Performance. Worth checking if your PC is slower than normal..