Answered

Sonos Play 5 gen1 music service stop working after S1 app 11.9 upgrade

• 27 May 2023
  • 7 replies

icon

Best answer by Joy Lin 27 May 2023, 07:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Hi, Support, can you help to check on this issue? I’ve tried reset app, reconfigure Sonos,  it doesn’t work. Add music service stop working as attached screen capture (I tried both IOS and Android S1 application). Many thanks

This isn’t support, unfortunately, it is a community website. Your best bet would be to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

I’d also, as a community member, suggest at least two potential solutions. First, log on to your account at www.Sonos.com, and check to ensure your address is set properly. Second, I’d make sure that your phone isn’t running a VPN (like Defender) that would be blocking access to the servers that feed that data.

Thanks. I’ve contacted with Sonos support.

Outstanding. I’d be interested in what the solution is, especially if it doesn’t match either of the two potentials I listed. 

I’ve found another thread. it’s confirmed as a known issue and waiting for fix. 

FYI… After a lengthy call with Sonos Support Level 3 confirmed it is a known issue which will be fixed in a future App Update. They are trying to get me an ETA and version # in which it is scheduled to be fixed. If I happen to get that I’ll respond here...

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

There’s another thread where Support admit the S1 app is broken in this regard.

It works for me though (on iPhone and PC), maybe it is locale-sensitive (I am in the USA).

Hi, 

Update my finding to solve the issue. I installed Windows/Mac Sonos software and I can add music services from PC. Then I can see the music service displayed on my iphone/Android Sonos S1.