Skip to main content

Used to love my Sonos System. “Software Upgrades” has now brought me to despair.

Only HP can do worse with flood ware. The processor capacity of my original products used to be fine. Now has useless Airplay (I have absolutely no desire for any Apple product) been forced upon my Sonos stuff. It has all been allocated as none worthy of support, by being grouped in S1. I have no desire to talk to or have conversations with the stuff that plays my radio and Tidal. Upon an “upgrade” did I end up with two Android Tablets and two pc CR 200 - no longer worthy of Sonos use!!!

The time that I have wasted on getting my two CR200 to reconnect, exceeds by far the time that it took me to build a Rasberry Pie Player that handles 24bit at a far better sound quality. Rasberry players can be set up as syncronized multi room players as well.

Please bring some confidence back in my investment in 10 Sonos units.

Easter greetings to my fellow S1 Sonos owners from-

Hoeg.

Sorry you feel that way. Not sure why you are upset by the addition of Airplay and voice control, given that you could just ignore them. In fact, if all your devices are, as you suggest, only compatible with S1, you don't even have to make the effort of ignoring them.

Whatever.

I have never had a CR unit so I can’t talk to that, but my 10 plus Sonos units are living quite happily on S1, and it is a relief to not go through the upgrade nuisance every couple of weeks. 

So there is no need to lose any confidence in the S1 compatible units till the hardware itself dies.