Skip to main content
Hi all,

My girlfriends iPhone 8+ can't connect to the system with the Sonos Controller.

Really strange as we have 2 other iPhones in the flat as well as Macbook and iPad and Samsung Galaxy phone and they all work.

Have tried to restart the router and forgotten and signed in on the network with the phone again but no luck.

It works at first but stops once you close the app...

Any ideas??

Much appreciated!
It works at first but stops once you close the app...

What does this mean, exactly? Once the close the app it isn't supposed to do anything. Unless you are trying to play music from the device itself, which has a number of well-documented problems especially on iOS 12.

The first sentence talks about a connection problem, but the later sentence implies connection and startup is fine.
Hi,

once I close the app and open it again I obviously meant.

It comes up as on the pics I've attached.

I am not trying to play music from the device. But even if i was I wouldn't be able to as I can't get in to the app.

Thanks
Thanks for the clarification.

iOS has a "wifi assist" mode somewhere in Settings, I have seen it recommended that it is turned off. You might try that.
Hi wahla21

Try the following:

1. Open Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings (this is more thorough than selecting "forget this network)"

2. Check the iPhone for updates.

3. Delete the Sonos app and re-install it

Let us know if this helps. Cheers!
Yeah that didn't work....
If nothing tried thus far has resolved your issue(s). I suggest you submit a diagnostic, post the reference ID in this forum and call Sonos Tech or work through Twitter.