Skip to main content

Sonos controller App for Samsung Family Hub Refrigerators.

• 31 August 2016
  • 8 replies

I would like to see SONOS develop an APP for Samsung Family Hub Refrigerators. These refrigerators are populating more and more residence as their popularity continues to grow exponentially. Anyone who entertains knows the kitchen is a major part of any party as well as often being a primary location for persons to congregate. In addition, the host(s) will often spend considerable time in the kitchen either in food preparation or simply accessing more food and beverage to serve. As a regular host of parties, it would be nice if I was able to use the Samsung Family Hub as a control center for SONOS system during parties rather than having to access my phone, tablet or PC.
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Given they won't even do an app for windows phones I can't imagine for one minute they'll spend any time developing an app for fridge.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I've heard it all now!
Userlevel 2
Badge
Stuart, you must have been off with yourself and missed this request from 2-months ago. It appears others have the same request. https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/app-for-samsung-family-app-6737795
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
No idea what I was up to Gt. Can assure you you I wasn't standing in front of my fridge asking it what the weaker forecast was!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I'll agree with The LHC... Sonos chose not to support the Windows Phone/Universal app format, and there are millions of Windows phones, as well as tablets running Windows 10 that would benefit from a new app in the "Universal" design format. But it's not gonna happen.

I have no expectation that, unless the Fridge is running Android and you could install the Sonos Android app on it, you'll ever be able to control Sonos from your fridge.
I would like to see SONOS develop an APP for Samsung Family Hub Refrigerators. These refrigerators are populating more and more residence as their popularity continues to grow exponentially. Anyone who entertains knows the kitchen is a major part of any party as well as often being a primary location for persons to congregate. In addition, the host(s) will often spend considerable time in the kitchen either in food preparation or simply accessing more food and beverage to serve. As a regular host of parties, it would be nice if I was able to use the Samsung Family Hub as a control center for SONOS system during parties rather than having to access my phone, tablet or PC.

Has this not been done yet? I was looking at that fridge for that reason... It looks like an Android interface so it is not reasonable to assume that the Sonos Apps should work?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I will admit... my secondary place of employment just received one of these for a product display... and it's pretty darn cool, no doubt. However, the fact that it's not Android (though Samsung does a VERY good job of hiding that fact, using some of the same icons you'll see on their apps on their Android devices) pretty much seals the fate of Sonos ever having a controller app for the Fridge. In fact, I don't even see some kind of "app store" icon on it. Given the dedicated development that would be required and the extremely small user base (both now and in the future), I don't foresee Sonos spending a moment of time working on this.

If for some reason Samsung were to move them to Android and the Google Play Store were suddenly available, then I could certainly see downloading the Sonos controller onto it.
Thanks Mike, that helps. Too bad, kind of a miss on Samsung's part. I have a Samsung Smart TV that is a couple of years old and when I got it they were developing apps and ideas but most of the apps have been discontinued or don't do very much.