Answered

Sonos App (iOS) disturbs AirPods, no automatic switching to Apple Watch

• 19 May 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
AirPods are a genius product. In my case, however, I am unable to use the AirPods from my Apple Watch unless I uninstall Sonos Controller App. --- And I can reliably reproduce the connection issue when I re-install Sonos Controller on my iPhone. When I delete the app everything goes back to normal Apple Watch connects to AirPods. Apple claims on their support website: "AirPods are connected to your iPhone and Apple Watch at the same time. Sound automatically switches between them." Well, in my case, with Sonos Controller installed it doesn't work. Did anybody else notice the same behavior? Feed-back appreciated. :?
icon

Best answer by Manny S 22 May 2017, 22:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hello Valentinissimo, welcome to the community and thanks for posting. We haven't seen any other reports specific to this issue, and the folks here in the office who are using AirPods with an Apple Watch and iPhone report no issues. AirPods use Bluetooth to connect, and Sonos uses wifi for connectivity, so they should be communicating separately. Do you receive any error messages when you try to use the AirPods while Sonos is running? Additionally, we'd like to take a deeper look at your system. Mind sending us a diagnostic number? Here's how.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Dear Manny ... Thank you for checking with your colleagues. It took me a lot of time to reply because I tested various combinations of Apple Watch, Apple iPhone and Apple AirPods. Ultimately it looks like that it is related to the AirPods. The impression I had that the Sonos application could be a trigger for the disconnect appears to be wrong. The error message appeared on the Apple Watch only and said "Connection Failed. Make sure "... AirPods" is turned on and in range.

Regards

V.