Sonos App Feature Request

• 25 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

hey,

so one feature I would love to see is a way to mark songs as “favorite” and a subsequent favorite list of songs, a playlist with all my favorite songs for example.

I am referring to all the services outside of Spotify eg Sonos Radio or any other radio station for that matter. 

Please make this a reality- right now I have to take a screenshot of the song and save it to a dedicated album - it’s a workaround but not a very pleasant one. 

Thanks! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Some services allow you to add some songs currently playing to a playlist, the music library and some Amazon options seem to work if they use the queue. Haven’t looked at others.

I wonder how much background overhead would be involved in switching the source service between songs when playing? Again something I haven’t tried.

I'm not sure how that would work with Sonos radio or any service that does not allow you to create playlists or request specific song titles within that service.   The favorite’d (is that a word) would have to be saved to a play list on a different service.

I would absolutely love it Sonos radio allowed you to create custom playlists of songs heard on the radio though.  Even if that meant a song gets removed when it’s no longer in a station’s rotation...it would be useful.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

It should be an easy feat: my local radio station allows me to mark songs as favorites and writes them in a simple, exportable *txt file. Easy!