Skip to main content

EDIT: Was able to fix myself. Hi everyone. I just set up two of my Sonos One speakers. I am able to play a lot of my music using my device (Samsung Note 10, Samsung music App). It seems to be able to detect a lot of my playlists. However I added some new music, and the Sonos app cannot detect the playlist. I also took a closer look and there are a few other playlists it cannot detect. A few times now I have  done the “Update Music Index Now” feature and it seems to do nothing.

If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate the help, Thank you

Where is your actual local music library stored? Is it on a PC/MAC, or NAS box? What is the path to your library? (Include the device netbios name - if using).

How many tracks are currently stored in the library? If you ripped/tagged the files yourself and added their album art, metadata (tags). The type/source of files (Bit/Sample rates) etc. Type of playlists you are using eg. .m3u etc.

Hi there. I actually was able to fix the issue. I loaded the music on my PC and was using the PC control panel in order to play everything rather than my phone’s. Thank you for looking however!