Answered

Sonos App affected by Outlook Notifications

• 1 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Realme X50 Android phone.

Interaction between MS Outlook and Sonos app was fine until yesterday. Whilst using my phone to listen in my Beam 2 every time I receive an email the app would switch off the radio. I've had to turn off notifications as a fix but far from an ideal solution.

What are the chances Sonos will fix this bug?

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 1 November 2022, 13:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

That’s an odd one.  You turn off all notifications, or notifications just from outlook?  Does the issue happen even if the Sonos app is closed (really doubt it), or maybe if the app is not the current focus? Does any other notifications, besides from Outlook, cause this issue?

I would guess that the issue is Outlook rather than with Sonos, as it doesn’t sound like Outlook is handling notifications properly, and somehow is sending a stop type command to Sonos.  If the issue was with Sonos, then I’d expect every notification, regardless of which app sent it, to cause the issue.  I have numerous notifications turned on, including a couple mail applications, and no issues.