Skip to main content

Not sure what is going on?

Added another Sonos SL speaker to my system yesterday. 

System

1 SL Speaker

2 Sonos one - first generation 

5 Sonos one - second generation 

Sonos Beam

Sonos Booster

All went well and setup was completed.  Played music the rest of the day.   This morning couldn’t get anything to  connect by means of the Sonos App.  I use Amazon music.

Usual routine

I select the music I like to play on Amazon music, usually on my iPad.

Go to Airplay and select one speaker to play the music

Then go to the Sonos App and select where I want the music played on my system

This morning I could get ALL the speakers to connect to Airplay but could not get any other speaker to connect within the Sonos App.'

Re-bottled my router.  No difference.  Checked that all speakers where on the Sonos system (0).  No issues.

Re-booted my iPad. No change

I then went to Apple settings on my iPad.  Selected the Sonos App. Turned off background App Refresh and turn it back on again.   

Went back into Amazon music - selected my music - connected one speaker in my system (usually the same speaker) using Apple Airplay. - went into the Sonos App and selected the speakers I wanted and all was well.

I did update my system the day before with the latest Sonos update. 

Was wondering if there is an issue with the latest Sonos update.

Nick

There is a new update for iPadOS (15.3) assuming your iPad is of range that can accept the update. Meaning your iPad is not too old. Yet still could be an update for your vintage out there.

AjTrek1

Yes, I took that update. 

This morning it was all over the place, it’s seems it’s back to normal after I refresh the app

The App just wouldn’t allow you to select any rooms, but could select any speaker on airplay.

Thanks

Refreshing the App was the key. Especially after a device update.

We live in a complicated and complex world.

What I appreciate so much this forum offers simple suggestions for the less  tech-savvy of us can use and more importantly works.

Thank you for your time and patience.