Answered

S2 possible on S1 hardware, if Sonos enable it?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

You can all defend the choice of a Company to EOL its product WELL before its EOL.

Thats fine.

Still Doesn’t change the fact that i have to throw away 80% of my current system to keep adding to it!

You may think its time to accept it, but i do not…...would you like pay for S2 compliant devices for me?

This was covered in laborious detail nearly 2 years ago when the S1/S2 split was first announced.

(56 pages)

(171 pages)

To try and re-open those arguments IMHO verges on trolling.

Users are free to split their systems into S1 and S2 if they choose. There are support articles for all this. S1 continues to be maintained.

You can all defend the choice of a Company to EOL its product WELL before its EOL.

Thats fine.

Still Doesn’t change the fact that i have to throw away 80% of my current system to keep adding to it!

You may think its time to accept it, but i do not…...would you like pay for S2 compliant devices for me?

So now stating objective facts about how the system actually works is “defending the choice”?  How about you disprove the facts we stated instead of hurling insults.  If you have objective proof that the app handles all functions, and the players are merely dumb boxes, I’d love to hear it.  Until then, keep your insults and accusations to yourself.  

Soo.… none of you KB warrior’s want to buy me new S2 gear to replace my prematurely EOL S1 Gear..……...Crickets.  Thought so.  jgatie - 22,677 comments vs 1421 solved...Seems like the trolls are not me, but you!  Or maybe ratty, similar stats - 28757 comments vs 1155 Solved, that’s .03% Solved.

Seems like you folk like to pick on the everybody who is not on UR page!

Its one thing to EOL a Product that’s actually EOL.  But the product still works with S1, so why not with S2 - One word   #$MONEY$

Not able to refute the facts, yet still here blustering. There's only one keyboard warrior in this thread, and it ain't the guys with the large post count.

jgatie - 22,677 comments vs 1421 solved...Seems like the trolls are not me, but you!  Or maybe ratty, similar stats - 28757 comments vs 1155 Solved, that’s .03% Solved.

This isn't apple to apples, so the percentages are completely defective/misleading. Many of our posts do not address problems calling for solutions.

DFTT

jgatie - 22,677 comments vs 1421 solved...Seems like the trolls are not me, but you!  Or maybe ratty, similar stats - 28757 comments vs 1155 Solved, that’s .03% Solved.

This isn't apple to apples, so the percentages are completely defective/misleading. Many of our posts do not address problems calling for solutions.

@Kumar . I think you are mistaking @ITJAG  for someone who cares whether his comments are true or logical.

@Kumar . I think you are mistaking @ITJAG  for someone who cares whether his comments are true or logical.

Agreed, just my OCD kicking in...

28757 comments vs 1155 Solved, that’s .03% Solved.

Percentages and decimal points can be so tricky, can't they?

So, may not have been born yesterday, but the math skills are pretty green.

It's a completely meaningless percentage to calculate anyway,, given that threads may have tens, hundreds or even thousands of posts, so maybe it doesn't matter to be out by a factor of 100?

It's a completely meaningless percentage to calculate anyway,, given that threads may have tens, hundreds or even thousands of posts, so maybe it doesn't matter to be out by a factor of 100?

Of course it is.  But it's all the poster's got, given their utter ignorance as to how Sonos works.