Question

S2 interface issues on iPhone

• 27 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Since I installed S2, I’ve seen a few issues on the iPhone app:

1. Sometimes when navigating through menus, the app returns itself to the first navigation item forcing me to again navigate to the item I want.
  2. I cannot save TuneIn stations to my  TuneIn favorites. The app allows me to select a new favorite, but the station never appears in the favorites.
  3. When I move the volume button along the slider, it does not have any effect on the volume, or the change is very slow.

I’m hoping maybe someone else has seen similar issues and provide tips.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

1 and 3 sure sound like trouble with your controller on the phone reaching the application on the speakers. Not sure about 2, though. 

There are two more common reasons for this. First, of course, is just wifi interference. However, since you mention the update to S2 (technically, just a simple software update, like any from Sonos, it works exactly the same as S1 currently), I am leaning towards a duplicate IP address issue. Try unplugging all Sonos devices from power. While they are unplugged, reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in all Sonos devices. Wait a couple of minutes before testing. This process has other benefits beyond merely duplicate IP address issues, of course. 

However, if neither suggestion fixes the issue, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.