Question

Rubbish new update, what do others think ?

• 10 September 2016
  • 82 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi there, I'm not really one to complain because my sonos equipment is the best I've ever brought. But I must say. I've just done the new update and I think it's a load of rubbish! I don't want my playlist clearing when I want to play another, I'd like to clear it myself thank you please! What do others think? Please take this on board, thank you .

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

82 replies

The SONOS can see the airport extreme from it's position - it is about 5 metres away! I have loads of devices, lots of airport extenders for WiFi - and nothing else has a problem.

That line of sight range should not usually need wiring to the router. Does Sonos and every device that hosts the Sonos controller app have reserved IP addresses in AEX? Easily done in my Time capsule router as I recall.
And I suggest submitting a diagnostic: it reveals network weaknesses that an update often throws up and fixing such issues usually delivers a happier future.
Diagnostic is submitted - just waiting on a reply. Will check AEX again but yes they were originally set up that way.
I trust you have emailed the diagnostic number to Sonos Support as well - without that mail it will not be seen.
Indeed I have 🙂
Userlevel 3
The multi room feature now sucks, you have to dig down the bottom to get it and every time i want to switch rooms, to have different music playing in each it seems to move the music with me, wich is NOT what i want to do.

Give us back V7 - seriously, don't fix something that isn't broken.

For everyone out there - DO NOT UPGRADE if you can avoid it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
The multi room feature now sucks, you have to dig down the bottom to get it and every time i want to switch rooms, to have different music playing in each it seems to move the music with me, wich is NOT what i want to do.

Give us back V7 - seriously, don't fix something that isn't broken.

For everyone out there - DO NOT UPGRADE if you can avoid it.

You've posted onto the end of a year old thread about a prior version of the app (v7) where the queue management was changed.

for any comments regarding v8 I suggest making a new thread or add to this one https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/now-available-the-new-sonos-app-6791306
Badge
It’s really terrible. I like the macOS app where you can see all the players and the music and the playlist at once. The iPad is wide enough for all this info. Now you need 3 tabs to pause a player in another room. You could do it in one if all the players where in the picture at the same time.