Question

Resume music queue after switching from line input?

• 24 March 2016
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I have my play5 line input connected to my bedroom tv. I usually have the tv on in the morning and play music in the evening.
Is there any way I can resume playing the queue where it previously left off? I see that I can show the queue from now playing when the line input was selected, but I have to manually scroll through the queue and find where I think it left off and select the song. It would be nice to just hit a resume button or simlar command.

The fact that the queue is still intact with the whole playlist I had selected of several thousand songs, it seems it would be easy to remember where it stopped playing.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Sounds like a great idea to me. Have the same problem when switching back to music from TV.
Badge
++++++1.

New Sonos user here, can't believe this isn't implemented. I strongly prefer to load up an 'all music' playlist, and keep it in the queue on shuffle. It's quite useless if it constantly restarts at the beginning of said queue.
Me too, extremely frustrating trying to remember where you were / wading through a lengthy playlist to find that point. Any suggestions would be very welcome.
Any suggestions would be very welcome.
If it's a big deal, copy the queue and current pointer to another player, and copy it back again afterwards. Do this by grouping/ungrouping -- adding another room and removing the current room, as a single operation.
Badge
Called Sonos. This can't be done. What is needed is the ability to get focus back to the queue. If you could Play/Unpause the queue, I think it would resume. But you can't regain queue focus so you are forced to start over with the music library playlist or saved queue where your only choices are Play All and Shuffle.