Answered

Please Sonos, make it possible to create shortcuts to speaker setups!

• 18 November 2015
  • 26 replies

Badge +1
On this moment I have a Playbar, two play 3s and a sub. It sounds great! but it would be very nice if there is a future to make a setup, and create a shortcut to that setup. I give an example:

In my case when I watch TV the volume of the Sub is under 50% of his power. The surround speakers are calibrated as left speaker near 0,6 m right speaker more away 3m. Volume 65% and in ambient modus With this settings I have the best surround effects.

When I listen to music, the Sub is above 50% of his power. The surround speakers are calibrated as left speaker 3 m right speaker 3m. and in “full” modus With this settings I have the best sound to play loud music.

Now when I want to play music I need to [open Sonos-app -- tap left corner -- tap left corner again -- tap settings -- tap settings room -- tab Livingroom -- tap advanced audio -- tap calibrating audio (and walk through the wizard) -- tap back -- tap settings SUB -- change the volume. -- tap back -- tap surround -- tap full -- adjust volume.

When I want to watch TV, I need to go through the same process again. It would be REALY helpful if I can just make some settings, safe them and use a shortcut to activate them!

Another problem is when you want to use your Sub in two room settings. Example. When watch TV you use the Sub in the Livingroom TV profile, so he play’s with the playbar and the surround speakers. Then in you open kitchen you have some play 5s for music, but if you want to play music in the kitchen, you cannot use the sub (who is basically in the same room cause it is an open kitchen. ) If you want to use the Sub, you must takeout the Sub form your TV setting, and join the sub to the Kitchen setting. And when you want to watch TV you have to do that all over again.

So the big question: “Please Sonos, make it possible to create shortcuts to speaker setups!”

For the rest…… Sonos rules!!!! I really like the products and the sound! 🙂
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 23 August 2016, 22:37

View original

Please Sonos, make it possible to create shortcuts to speaker setups!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

26 replies

We moved from a house where I had separate surround-sound systems upstairs & down, to a large apartment where we've installed a full Sonos boost setup. My old Denon Amp had an uncanny ability to remember whatever latest tweaks I had applied to each individual music/movie source. We are delighted with our Sonos Amp /Playbar/sub system + JBLs, but I too am wearing out my phone screen on the trip through the Room Settings menu so for me having those presets & ability to slide sub & surround power levels would be brilliant. Thanks to those on this thread and to Sonos love it.