PLAYLIST PROBLEMS

• 11 February 2024
  • 27 replies

Badge +2

I am using Sonos One on a Mac. I make playlists using using Spotify, not Apple. There are two symbols on the Sonos playlist page. One is obviously shuffle; I think the other is repeat. I do not want to do either of these things. I just spent over three hours making a 54-song playlist, and I want it played in order, NOT shuffled.

I chose “play, even though it was grayed out (because there was no other choice) instead of the shuffle symbol above my playlist. But when the playlist went into the left-hand column to play, it automatically rearranged all 54 songs. This happens to ALL of my playlists; I have no control over it. But this one I wanted in order. Now it’s all jumbled up.

27 replies

The best way to report bugs is to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

The reps who you talk to on the phone then have hard data that they can attach to the bug report, and pass on to the necessary folks. 

Badge +2

Apple seems to be making a lot of other functions more difficult these days. I had to give up on creating a SEPARATE classical playlist. (I just can’t stomach REM and Mozart in the same list.) Getting iTunes involved is always problematic. So now I have to buy a CD player! A relic. It is that or spend the rest of my life frothing at the mouth.
I think there’s a way to report a bug directly to Apple, but I confess that I don’t know how to do it. I think someone might be able to help you on this thread. Good luck.