PLAYLIST PROBLEMS

• 11 February 2024
  • 11 replies

Badge +1

I am using Sonos One on a Mac. I make playlists using using Spotify, not Apple. There are two symbols on the Sonos playlist page. One is obviously shuffle; I think the other is repeat. I do not want to do either of these things. I just spent over three hours making a 54-song playlist, and I want it played in order, NOT shuffled.

I chose “play, even though it was grayed out (because there was no other choice) instead of the shuffle symbol above my playlist. But when the playlist went into the left-hand column to play, it automatically rearranged all 54 songs. This happens to ALL of my playlists; I have no control over it. But this one I wanted in order. Now it’s all jumbled up.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Why post this question three times? 

Badge +1

Because I still have the problem, and most answers are for devices, not a computer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Posting a question three times could mean the answers are posted on different parts of the community, which could obfuscate the right answer, especially for people looking for an answer later.

Badge +1

Great. Then I give up. Sonos sure isn’t what it used to be… I got an entirely wrong answer when I called in and spoke to someone about this. So no original playlists for me.

It sucks to get old. People just what to get rid of you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Why give up? We’re steering all answers here now.

I must say I cannot recreate your problem, though. My Spotify playlist in Sonos (print screen down below) always plays in the same order when I press “Afspelen” (Play). Or am I not understanding you right?

Maybe someone else knows? You could check here regularly.

Badge +1

My Mac version of Sonos looks nothing like that. I can try to take a picture of it with my phone to post, but  I am clueless about screen shots on a computer. I will have to do that tomorrow. Thank you for hanging there with a grumpy old lady.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You’re welcome. Screenshot is indeed of made in my iPhone.

Badge +1

Well, now my computer has just quit working completely. Doing the same thing I took in into MACtlc to repair! We are so close to solving this Sonos problem, but now I have to take the computer back in. They fixed nothing for almost $200! Somedays you’re the windshield...
Can I pick up this thread again when I get the computer back?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Of course. Though I’m not sure if I can provide much more help, you could check here again when you have the time.

Badge +1

Thanks. I’m hauling the computer in tomorrow and will hopefully have it back by Friday. Really wanted to work on that playlist, but do not know if I can do that on an iPad. I never see a way to build a playlist there, only to play one.

Badge +1

An update: My entire logic board has to be replaced in my iMac. Sorry to drag this out. I have to wonder why they didn’t discover that problem the first time they had it in their shop. 
Anyway, I shall return!