Answered

Playlist doesn’t allow drill down

• 12 November 2022
  • 4 replies

When I click on playlist (Sonos or Amazon) it doesn’t open that playlist it simply starts playing music on shuffle. There is no way of drilling down into any playlist and choosing a song any more. 

It also sometimes says ‘operation failed’ but plays the music anyway. 

I have tried removing my Amazon account, signing out, deleting the Sonos app and reinstalling and then updating the app. Nothing works. Any help?

icon

Best answer by Smilja 13 November 2022, 00:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Which controller are you using?

@Gramia, Are you talking about Prime Music? Examine the new Amazon Music app, as of Nov. 1 it’s basically a customised radio station.

Here’s an official announcement.

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/feed/0D56Q0000AIXzAoSQL

Hi Smilja. Thanks very much for your reply. That kind of makes sense. When using Amazon Music through the Sonos app it does seem to be like a radio station. Yet when I use the Amazon Music app directly it still lets me choose which songs to play in my playlist. And I can then cast those songs to whichever smart speaker I want. So it does seem to be a limitation with the Sonia app. 

Yet when I use the Amazon Music app directly it still lets me choose which songs to play in my playlist. 

This is true for Amazon Music Unlimited. Did you read the announcement? I’d recommend to get in touch with Amazon Support.