Answered

playbar not working with apple airplay2

Hi guys , I recently bought sonos playbar for my lg tv. It connects perfectly with tv but when i trying to use or play music through airplay streaming i could not find my sonos playbar. So not able to listen music with apple airplay because its not showing my playbar . I think sonos playbar not supportapple airplay. Can you fix this issue . 

icon

Best answer by controlav 2 April 2020, 15:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

I just cast BBC Sounds to my TV from my phone using Chromecast 4K. 

You might find that a free Miracast app would work too.

Even if your TVs aren't yet capable of playing BBC Sounds, you could probably find a means of casting from a mobile device to your TV.  Or it may find its way onto streaming devices - I see Now TV is on the list.

That is indeed very interesting John B..many thanks. I’m actually isolating away from my usual home at the moment but as soon as I can check the model of my TVs to see if they are Sounds enabled I will. You may have solved my issue with BBC Sounds..….many thanks.

This may be of interest

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/help/questions/supported-devices/connected-tv#:~:text=In%202020%2C%20we're%20rolling,top%20boxes%20and%20streaming%20platforms.

Thanks John B,,,,that explains the IKEA product reference. Specifically I would like to stream the BBC Sounds app which I don’t think there is otherwise any way to do via my Playbars ?

Hi.  What do you want to ‘stream from the internet’ that you cannot do directly through the TV or the Playbar already?  Why do you need Airplay 2 for this?

One way to add Airplay 2 to the Playbar would be to buy an Airplay 2 compatible Sonos speaker and group it with the Playbar.  The cheapest option for that is the speakers Sonos makes for Ikea.

I have two Playbars and want to “add” Airplay so I can somehow stream from the internet through them. What is the cheapest way to do this as per the previous post’s suggestion please ? need more detail of this as I don’t understand how buying a “cheap IKEA speaker” can facilitate this. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I only own Playbars so cannot compare audio quality with the Beam, but I’m not sure what other solution you are looking for. Either keep it and get a cheap IKEA speaker to “add” AirPlay to your system, or take it back for a refund and wait for the rumored new device.

Thanks but i like the sound of playbar more then beam . Its has more cinematic sound compare to beam . What you think guys you do agree with my statement 😆. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I do agree with controlav

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Take the Playbar back while you can and get a Beam, which can do Airplay2. Or wait until the rumored new version.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The Playbar is not Airplay compatible.   It was released a long time before Airplay 2 came out and doesn’t have the processing power - - rumor is a new one is coming mid-year.

The following Sonos speakers are compatible with AirPlay 2:

• Beam
  • Amp
  • Sonos One
  • Playbase
  • Play:5 (second generation)
  • SYMFONISK
  • Move
  • One SL
  • Port