Skip to main content

Hi, I subscribe to the PlanetRadio service to listen to Scala Radio without the adverts. I have successfully used this feature on my Sonos system for the past year however in the last fews weeks, the Premium features are not recognised and I get all the adverts.

My PlanetRadio subscription works fine on my iphone and ipad. 

I have tried everything I can think of…

• Re-authorizing the service
  • Removing the service and re-adding.
  • Shutting down all my Sonos devices and starting up using one factory reset Play 1

The problem persists.

Does anyone else have a similar issue? Any solutions? I have contacts PlanetRadio but they’ve only suggested the basic re-authorizing steps.

Tim.

Hi @Tim_162 

Thanks for your post!

I was just now able to add PlanetRadio to my own system using one of our test accounts and was able to play Scala Radio without hearing any ads.

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who will test one of our accounts on your system - if you get the same successful result as I did, that would be proof that there was a problem with your own PlanetRadio account.

You have already taken all the steps I would have suggested, except perhaps rebooting your router (which is admittedly a long-shot, but easy enough to try).

I hope this helps.

Hi Corry,

thanks for your helpful suggestions. I reached out to PlanetRadio and they discovered a discrepancy on my account. I’ve cancelled the account and created a new one with a different email address and it solved the problem.

regards Tim

Hi @Tim_162 

That’s great! - thanks for updating the thread!