Answered

PC App alphabet index links

• 23 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Fairly minor irritation but these loom large during lockdown (especially UK Tier 4).

I use a Beam as my PC speaker so that when not watching movies on the PC I can have good sound quality for background music.  Most of the music I listen to is from my 600+ CDs ripped to .flac and served by Plex from a NAS.  Don’t know how many different artists there are but I usually select on artist rather than CD name and this is the root of my question.  On the Apple apps (have both iPhone and iPad) selecting by artist name is helped by an alphabet index link down the right hand side of the selection screen so getting to something like Van Morrison is quite painless.  This alpha link does not appear to exist on the PC app and scrolling through hundreds of artists is a pain.  I wonder: (i) is this a set up issue? or (ii) how do I make a request to Sonos to update the PC App?      

icon

Best answer by ratty 23 December 2020, 12:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Did you try simply typing the initial letter, to jump to the relevant section? So “v” for Van Morrison.

This works for the local library views (Artists, Albums, Songs, etc), but I’ve no experience of Plex.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Did you try simply typing the initial letter, to jump to the relevant section? So “v” for Van Morrison.

This works for the local library views (Artists, Albums, Songs, etc), but I’ve no experience of Plex.

Alpha jump lists only work on local library content and music services that explicitly support it, and last I checked Plex did not. There aren’t many music services that do, though Apple is one although it is buggy.

Alpha jump lists only work on local library content and music services that explicitly support it, and last I checked Plex did not. There aren’t many music services that do, though Apple is one although it is buggy.

Thanks Ratty.  ‘Doh’ seems appropriate on my part.  Didn’t put my brain into gear - typing the letter does the job in Plex as well.  Works great although I would say in my own defence I tend to prefer the mouse to the keyboard wherever possible and I can navigate the whole of the select system (which Sonos speaker as well as music source, album choice and track/s) without needing to revert to the keyboard so it is a little counter intuitive.  Thanks for your help and happy Christmas.