Question

Password for Controller?

• 3 March 2017
  • 3 replies

Recently my Sonos has started dropping different players in the house. This is probably my weak wi-fi but when I try and add them back the Controller says there is an update and wants a password. I don't have/know a password and there is no way to reset/forgot password. Any ideas? Hoping this will solve the dropping issue.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11
you shouldn't ever need to enter a password?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sonos does NOT require a password.

HOWEVER, If you connect to your wi-fi network then clearly Sonos the password for your network - Maybe it's asking for that.
Also, if you set uo any music services they are likely to require a password
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Recently my Sonos has started dropping different players in the house. This is probably my weak wi-fi but when I try and add them back the Controller says there is an update and wants a password. I don't have/know a password and there is no way to reset/forgot password. Any ideas? Hoping this will solve the dropping issue.

This step may be needed in order to associate your speakers with your registered account. Please see this guide and the section for when you don't have access to the email.