Question

Pandora play modes in new app

Userlevel 2

Since the new app update this month, the Pandora play modes (e.g. Deep Cuts, Discovery, etc) is not visible.  Anyone know how to set that in Sonos, or did they eliminate it???

16 replies

I just updated the app and immediately realized the same thing. Is this something that is going to get addressed?

My fix was to go to apkmirror and download the March version of the app, then turn off auto update.

Grumble! 

Just returned home after 3 week trip and no modes!!!

And crickets about the change.

Userlevel 2

My fix was to go to apkmirror and download the March version of the app, then turn off auto update.

That has been my fix as well, but appears play modes are not supported in the March version now too.  Have you noticed this?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve read all the notices, posts and press about the new app debacle. Looks like Pandora Modes is currently a casualty of the new app. Per your CEOs messages, being transparent about the things lost in the new app, and a roadmap on when things are expected to be fixed, is a priority.

SO, when will I be able to select Pandora Mode within a station, or at least have the Mode set on their app persist within Sonos (on the same account)?

I too cannot find Pandora Station modes on the new (2024) Sonos iPad app. Used to be able to access from Now Playing screen by tapping ellipses (three dots). Not there anymore. Any update from Sonos app team?

Userlevel 1
Badge

No update received on when it will be fixed. I engaged Sonos Support on the day of the app release and they, and the managers the agent escalated to, clearly didn’t know about the feature loss.  The agent said they were on it, but I’ve not heard or read anything further.

I too would like an update from Sonos, even if bad news.

That has been my fix as well, but appears play modes are not supported in the March version now too.  Have you noticed this?

I'm currently using the sonos.acr2_16.1 APK and not having any issues with Pandora modes.

Userlevel 2
Badge

SONOS destroyed a perfectly functional, intuitive to navigate app . . . seeming in order to push SONOS product ads at us more obnoxiously.  

Seriously, you’re gonna advertise new products to me right after removing functionality from the products I already paid for? No, I don’t want the freakin’ headphones or whatever.

I was able to play Pandora deep cuts in the current app by going to pandora, opening an artist, and selecting deep cuts.

I then did the following while in deep cuts:

1. Select the icon in the bottom of the screen that is the second from the right (It might be called “Airplay”?).
  2. Once the”Airplay” box appears, I selected “Living Room” under “Speakers and Tv,” which is the name of one of my Sonos systems.

Voila, deep cuts was playing on the new app. It’s not the most seem-less deep cuts connection imaginable, but at least it works. Nonetheless, I still dropped a note to the Sonos ceo asking them to bring back deep cuts on the app, and I encourage everyone else to do the same.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Just adding my two cents.  I am looking for modes to return to the app.  I won’t go on about how horrible this update has been.  SMH.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Weighing in on the crazy Pandora downgrade for the new app.  

Modes is part of Pandora, please add support back!

New app is not good takes forever to load and sometimes it won't ..  can't access Pandora modes currently it's not as user-friendly but hopefully will get used to it

Userlevel 2

Well, checking back in after two months.  I have been satisfied with using the old app version (thanks @Twonky for the suggestion), but appears now they are forcing the update as the older app is no longer functional.  Still haven’t fixed/added the Pandora play modes to the new version. Beyond frustrating.  Anyone have new suggestions or similar experience?

Userlevel 2

I found this nugget from a user on the Pandora community forum:

Pandora "Modes" is not compatible with new Sonos app. I am told that Sonos released the new app without informing content providers with the api changes and this broke most of the integrations and there are no documentation provided in what exactly changed and it is up to the developers to try to find what changes they have to do in order to get their service running on the new app.  

So, sounds like it is on Pandora to try to resolve this on their own.