Skip to main content

Pandora direct control (Pandora connect, casting) problems

• 17 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Wondering if anyone is having problems using direct control from the Pandora app to Sonos?  

When I choose the “casting” feature in the lower right corner of the Pandora app I’m presented with a list of “devices” that I can cast to.  I have no problem with google devices, but when I choose a Sonos target I have problems.  At first the music gets sent to the Sonos device, but after a few minutes the controls in Pandora become unresponsive.

When the song finishes and the next song begins, the Pandora app does not update, but continues to show the screen for the previous song.  At the bottom pf the Pandora app screen I see a message “Buffering...Your music will be back shortly”.  At this point the app has lost communication with Sonos and remains unresponsive.  The only way to reset is to start a different station from Pandora. 

This problem is the same across multiple iOS devices, phones and iPads.  I have updated all apps, uninstalled and reinstalled pandora and sonos.  Also restarted modems, routers, all sonos devices, but no change.  

Spotify connect works perfectly and Pandora casting to google devices also works flawlessly.  Only Pandora direct control to Sonos is failing.

Any thoughts??

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @bugplanet 

Thanks for your post!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports. 

For what it’s worth, the status page at https://status.sonos.com is clear.

I hope this helps.

Edit: Though it’s a good idea to check that all apps are up to date.