Answered

Only selected speakers of my sonos setup can play spotify

• 19 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I am having a setup of multiple sonos speakers (livingroom: arc with sub and two ones, bathroom: one, bedroom: two symfonisk, outdoor: move, ...) Everything was fully functional regarding spotify until one month ago.

1. Now super weird behavior - livingroom, mancave etc works super well with spotify both via spotify app on my phone as well as via sonos app
  2. Selected rooms / speakers do not connect at all to spotify
  3. If I group speakers and start with the ones working e.g. livingroom and connect them to spotify and then linking in the non working speakers step by step - they all play

No change in router software, router rebooted, hard resetted speakers, setup system completely new, wired and wireless, carried the speakers around in my flat in case of wifi coverage - it seems that some speakers are just completely broken regarding spotify, others functioning.

Btw - broken speakers can play anything else via the network (from internal server, from tune-in etc.)

Any ideas? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Corry P 24 January 2023, 15:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This sounds like a network issue, please see my post: Tips & Tricks - Resolving random issues impacting Sonos devices.. | Sonos Community

Hi UKMedia,

thanks for your writeup and hint - IP address duplication is out of question - I had assigned fixed IP addresses per device in the router since buying the devices - other ideas? :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If you haven’t already done this please try removing the Spotify Music Service in the Sonos App and re-add..  If the problem persists, then please submit a diagnostic and post the number within this thread.

Hi again,

thanks for quick reply - did that already as well.

I found a - cumbersome - but working solution. As I have stereo setups in a couple of rooms - I basically decoupled all the stereo setups so that each speaker was a “room” in sonos app. Then I tested which speakers were “spotify broken”. By recombining and carrying around “broken spotify speakers” with “working spotify speakers” to new stereo setups (important that the working one is the “leading” stereo speaker), I could solve it in this way that spotify now can see the setups in every room.

Luckily I had more working than broken speakers at home - so solution might not be for everybody.

A bit weird that this needs to be done for a setup that I paid like 2600 EUR in total for and is not even 6 months old. One would expect that it just works - but guess this is the new “cloud” world where you don’t own “your” products anymore.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That's strange and not normal! My setup is 7 yes old and I've never experienced that before.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @aerozinga 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I cannot say why you’re experiencing this, but I can recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports. If the issue does indeed follow speakers even as they are moved to other locations, that’s very strange.