Answered

No "TRUEPLAY" option in Sonos App with iOS 16 / iPhone Xs

• 24 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I’ve acquired a Sonos ARC and Sub, but since I don’t have a iOS device, I was waiting for a acquaintance with an iPhone Xs to come by to help me calibrate it using TRUEPLAY.

After installing the Sonos app (not Sonos S1 … by the way its very confusing reading Sonos website refering to Sonos S2 when it is not call that), going to Settings > System, and selecting my only configured room/device there is no “Trueplay” related option in any section.

Can someone explain how to get it to appear?

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 25 December 2023, 04:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

System Menu:

Products, pick a Room.

Scroll down to Sound, under the EQ and above Volume Limit you should see Trueplay.

On Android you see only an on/off button there.

Make sure your friend has a compatible Apple dingus.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/trueplay-compatible-devices-and-sonos-products

Badge

Thank you for trying to help, unfortunately, as mentioned in the opening message, there isn't such option there (between EQ and Volume limit, I only have a "vertical volume" option there).

The device is an Apple iPhone Xs, and from what I can see, I can only assume it is supposed to be compatible since it is an iOS device on a non-beta version of iOS 16 and not listed on the unsupported devices (the page doesn't bother listing the compatible devices individually unfortunately).