Skip to main content

Hello, I just bought Sonos one and with the apps, I can't find pre-made lists by genre or mood in YouTube music. Is there a reason?

Thanks 

Hi @Abiron, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear that you’re having issues with lists of genre options on Youtube music in your Sonos. After you add your Music service on the Sonos App, all the possible options and features are being integrated and transitioned on the Sonos App. If that feature doesn’t appear available, then We may look into it as a feature request to check on it. If you have not added Youtube music yet on your Sonos App, Kindly check this article about Adding a Music Service on Sonos.

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hello Simon, 

Yes I had YouTube music service on the Sonos app but this feature doesn't appear.

Thanks 

Hi @Abiron, thanks for the update and checking for this feature on the Sonos App, If it doesn’t show on the App, It’s possible that the feature is not yet available. You may also try to contact our phone support team for further assistance. They may request remote access to check if that feature is available or not on Sonos. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Google spent about ten minutes(*) on implementing their YTM endpoint for Sonos, and it lacks many features, and those that exist are poorly implemented (eg the truncation of lists to a few hundred items max). Suggest switching to iBroadcast, as they seem to have done a much better job of their Sonos integration.

(*) my estimate

Hi controlav, thanks for your reply! 

It seems that I am not able to cast on my Sonos one with the iBroadcast app. I able to do that with others Bluetooth speaker but not my Sonos one 😔

Thank you anyway because I did not know iBroadcast! 

Hi controlav, thanks for your reply! 

It seems that I am not able to cast on my Sonos one with the iBroadcast app. I able to do that with others Bluetooth speaker but not my Sonos one 😔

Thank you anyway because I did not know iBroadcast! 

I didn’t say anything about Bluetooth! Only the Sonos Move supports BT.

Just add iBroadcast as a service to your Sonos system. Same as you did for YTM.