Skip to main content
Question

New SONOS App - Feedback

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

2189 replies

Can Sonos please comment on the next steps in restoring Major features from the previous version? At least we can decide if we keep our Sonos gear or buy another brand. I am a Sonos customer the past 15 year, I have some expectations. Thank you for taking this seriously. Guido.

Userlevel 2
Badge

The new app sucks and it’s even worse, the music library is gone 😤. Wish I did not update….

I strongly agree with Martin - the worst thing is that I can’t use my own music library in that way like I did before. 
f**k ! 🤬…

Userlevel 1

I miei complimenti, la nuova app è inutilizzabile: non funziona praticamente niente. Inoltre, si installa da sola senza nessuna autorizzazione (tranquilli, ho negato qualsiasi autorizzazione agli aggiornamenti automatici), per cui anche reinstallando una vecchia versione, devo ripetere l’operazione un paio di volte al giorno. Ma questa app è stata testata, anche una sola volta? O forse era necessario testarla qualche volta di più

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

> No music library

I ran into this on my phone, but since I saw the library on my tablet, I knew it had to be there. I selected the account icon and then app settings to do a factory reset. After restart I had the music library back.

Beyond that, I kind of positive to the changes, but it should have been released as a preview version with the old version still available, given that it is obviously unfinished.

Hello. I'm using an Android phone with Sonos Arc, One, Five, Roam.

After a recently updated app, I can't see a TruePlay Setting(even in “Roam” which autotunes Trueplay). 

In the past, After I set Trueplay with iPhone, I could control Truplay with Android phone.

Where is the Truplay?

Please return the volume display percentage to the volume control bar

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Why on earth should we have to open our computers to control something the whole point of which is to be able to control from your smartphone AS ADVERTISED? Epic fail, Sonos, and deliberate fraudulent advertising, imho. I want my money back.

Userlevel 3
Badge

The new app is terrible. I cannot possibly imagine a few thousand actual Sonos users that beta-tested it and gave it  resounding thumb-up.

Because that is what happened, right? You asked users to test it in real life before releasing it, right?

Just give us the old app back, will you?

Nouvelle application OUT OF ORDER pas de musique depuis le 7 mai

Suis je le seul

Moderator edit:
Google Translate-

New OUT OF ORDER application no music since May 7

Am I the only one

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Three words - roll it back.

Nav is dire, loads of features are missing. I can't update my library, see album art, fast scroll through my library, shuffle songs... The list goes on.

The new layout is horrible. It's like you looked at Spotify, which sucks, and copied it. 

I hate it. Roll it back.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

The whole update is an insult to the many thousands of users/consumers who probably the same as me have spent thousands building a system that is now a shambles. Can we have a response from developers, managers etc beyond the mundane fixes coming soon because you should be ashamed of yourselves releasing an incomplete not fit for purpose app.

Amen - well said Gradun! 👏

Userlevel 5
Badge

I know you read these comments Sonos so when are you going to sort it out. I want my old Sonos back.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Oh, and every song in my library comes up as "no title" when it's playing, has no options to skip to the next track & double tapping the play/pause button on my play one pauses/unpauses the track instead of skipping to the next track. It also just plays one song and does not advance to the next track. A dreadful app is one thing but you've also broken the features of the system

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I saw a couple of ‘influencers’ talking about the app updates on Youtube saying how great everything is - then you read the barrage of comments from actual users underneath - and it gets dark very quickly. What a mess!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

A quick message for the users who rely on the Sonos alarm on the mobile app - a fix for now...

1. Download the app onto your pc or mac (I am a mac user - never done this - and have always relied on the mobile app).
  2. Connect to your existing system wifi.
  3. In the main window bottom right corner - select the alarm function button
  4. If you cannot see your favourite radio station - I use to wake up to - play it through the main browser window
  5. Go back to the alarm you created and ‘edit’ it
  6. Set the music to - radio - recently listened to, It should be there.

At least I don’t have to wake up to the siren tomorrow - phew!
Userlevel 6
Badge +1

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

See my advice on getting your alarms back above ☝ - basically do it on the desktop app… I hope it helps.

Got a new black spot app on my phone this morning and it doesn't find my play one! I've spent at least 7 hours on the phone to you guys over the past month then this! What do I do?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Is it still possible to update music libraries in the new Sonos app?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I just discovered that Sonos S2 app under Android has been updated! What an update! It makes the Sonos system almost unusable. I had quite a bunch of threads about the ‘add you own radio’ feature which has disapeared. Support told me to use the Favorites feature to keep them …

no more Favorites, they are greyed out.

And I don’t care about the Sonos Radio I can’t delete.

This is pure shame - this application sucks - please roll back to the previous one.

Userlevel 1

I agree with all of the above, so used the link from the support page to email the CEO at ceo@sonos.com. If it’s genuine (which I’m not convinced of) and enough of us complain, maybe he’ll do something. I’m not holding my breath….

Userlevel 3
Badge

Can’t get Apple Music to play 

Overall, the speed of the new app is great but what I’m missing is the automatic switching between systems.  In the old app, it would automatically switch to the system based on the wifi I was on, but now I have to manually do it in settings.  Hoping that gets fixed.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Just tryed to get throw on phone so many bugs it’s insane can’t get throu 95 th in line live chat gets knowere

I just updated my Sonos app on my iPhone and now I can’t control the volume individually on my two Move2 speakers. Anyone know how to fix this?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Now voice cont fully dead sonos play music dead not ask it anything and its8 dead