Skip to main content
Question

New SONOS App - Feedback

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

The investors have figured out that Sonos is a disaster.

I can’t put into words how awful this update is. They must fix this or give us two options. This is unacceptable.

Bonjour,

Est-ce une plaisanterie ? Attendre septembre ou octobre pour avoir le contrôle des playlists. Sonos se moque des utilisateurs. Incompétence et manque de communication. Enfin pourquoi ne pas donner la possibilité de rétrograder de la version actuelle en S2 ?

Je suis très déçu et pourtant j’utilise Sonos depuis 15 ans !

Moderator edit:
Google Translate-

Hello,

Is this a joke? Wait until September or October to have control of the playlists. Sonos is making fun of users. Incompetence and lack of communication. Finally why not give the possibility to downgrade from the current version to S2?

I am very disappointed and yet I have been using Sonos for 15 years!

Hi everybody, I love listening to music, I always have. But there is not much point in having a music system that doesn’t work. Sonos used to be reliable and dependable, but after months of not being able to connect to my music library I’ve decided to bin all my Sonos speakers and purchase another system. I won’t be returning to Sonos. 

My Sono’s system is something I waited for a long time and I enjoyed it greatly initially, in recent times it has increasingly become a source of frustration and irritation, getting worse with every app update. Not a pleasure any more, hope Sono’s you get this fixed, soon, You are destroying a great brand and product. 

Why this update? since this last update pairing move and adjusting balance, controling rooms, everything that was easy from my iPhone became difficult !

Congrats !

It's the weekend so I switched my home server on to listen to some locally stored music. 

When I view Albums, I'm now getting one entry for every song in compilation / multi artist albums. So for example, if I see Pulp Fiction OST in the album list, it appears once for every song in that album.

On the plus side, the search is working fine now. 

No album art yet, and no scroll bar. 

App now has a link to all upcoming updates with rough timelines and a note from CEO:

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/blog/update-on-the-sonos-app?utm_source=braze_consumer&utm_medium=inapp&utm_campaign=son_bt_eng_aec_passport-blogpost-null-null&utm_term=2024-07-27&bid=65cc37f1aad53d0043eae010&uid=115977277&sid=0031N00001SAflRQAT

it appears they are trying to fix the absolute mess of an update. I’ve seen an improvement in the app but have to keep maintaining my music library as it drops away after every update. Not way to re-add is via Mac. 

looks like the bug fixes are taking Sonos a lot longer than they expected! 

Bonjour à tous j'ai sono puis presque plus de 10 ans et depuis je suis un peu malheureux et triste à la fois de voir que mes produits qui sont de très bonne qualité ont changé mais pourquoi il y a eu ce changement de PDG où on va dire de patron qui a laissé sa main et du coup on est passé à une version 1 une version 2 pour différencier les produits d'une génération 1 génération 2 encore une fois bien entendu dans un but lucratif je pense le problème mais c'est que depuis il y en a eu plusieurs des problèmes. Je pense qu'un aucun cas, on a pensé à tenir compte de la version bêta ou plus ou moins. Pourquoi autant de changement dans l'application autant d'évolution alors que le produit fonctionnait très bien pas le produit en vrai l'application qui permettait la connexion des produits et qui quand on connaît l'histoire de sonos ces produits en réseau Wi-Fi ils sont internes ont plus de 25 ans plus ou moins.encore une entreprise qui va se planter si elle écoute pas ses consommateurs moi qui ai des produits et qui en ait plus de 12 voir 15 avec les derniers achetés je n'ai plus envie de conseiller mes amis ou même moi ne plus envie d'acheter des produits sonos pourquoi trop compliqué version 1 version 2 alors qu'on peut avoir une seule version quand on connaît un système à Linux c'est un maillot ouvert avec des connexions mais pourquoi s'embarrasser, si dans un but lucratif. Tout ça pour dire que je trouve ça vraiment dommage que c'est ancien patron ou ce créateur de ce système nous équité dans l'entreprise, même s'il y a encore un peu mais ça perd tout son charme bref tout ça pour dire j'étais d'entreprise. On a tous au même problème avancer évoluer dans un but bien entendu toujours le même lucratif que ça rapporte on est bien d'accord parce qu'il y a des actionnaires maintenant.

Moi je vous le dis l'humain bah c'est ce qui l'utilise et ce qu'ils disent ce sont des commerciaux et des personnes qui ont utilisé mais avant tout l'ont acheté parce que c'est un produit qui leur semblait correct et moi au début j'étais très satisfait plus t'en passe bah franchement je me dis ça à chier pas le produit mais l'utilisation des connexions mais pas ça en vrai l'application une application qui va venir payante je pense et ça c'est sûr bon tout ça pour dire j'avais besoin de m'exprimer parce que quand on achète un produit ou des produits de sonos qui fonctionnait très très bien à l'époque et qui dure dans le temps ça fait mal au cœur bas de perdre ce système qu'on a aimé et utiliser.

Moderator edit:
Google Translate-

Hello everyone I have sono then almost more than 10 years and since then I am a little unhappy and sad at the same time to see that my products which are of very good quality have changed but why there was this change of CEO where we will say of boss who left his hand and suddenly we went to a version 1 a version 2 to differentiate the products of a generation 1 generation 2 again of course for profit I think the problem but is that since then there have been several problems. I think that in no case, we thought of taking into account the beta version or more or less. Why so many changes in the application so much evolution when the product worked very well not the product in real life the application that allowed the connection of the products and which when we know the history of sonos these products in Wi-Fi network they are internal are more than 25 years old more or less. another company that will fail if it does not listen to its consumers me who has products and who has more than 12 see 15 with the last ones purchased I no longer want to advise my friends or even me no longer want to buy sonos products why too complicated version 1 version 2 when we can have only one version when we know a system at Linux it is an open jersey with connections but why bother, if for profit. All that to say that I find it really unfortunate that it is former boss or this creator of this system we equity in the company, even if there is still a little but it loses all its charm in short all that to say I was of company. We all have the same problem, to move forward, to evolve with a goal, of course, always the same, lucrative, that it brings in, we agree because there are shareholders now.

I tell you, the human being, well, that's what uses it and what they say, they are salespeople and people who have used it but above all bought it because it's a product that seemed correct to them and I was very satisfied at the beginning, the more you go on, well frankly I tell myself that it sucks, not the product but the use of the connections but not that in real life, the application, an application that will become chargeable, I think, and that's for sure, well all that to say I needed to express myself because when you buy a product or products from Sonos that worked very, very well at the time and that lasts over time, it hurts the heart to lose this system that you loved and used.

I am done! Sonos won. I will be selling my Sonos 5 speakers and going to Apple pods.

I have spent way too much time on getting my music to play on Sonos App which they destroyed by not 

beta testing. Has been months waiting for my music to be added to new app. It finally came and I ended up spending hours with support. Finally got it my music on the app and updated the iTunes and F--k me

it still does not work. I lose my content (it comes and goes). Cannot get my playlists to play and albums, artists, genre does not load. Keeps saying something went wrong when my music was there and then went away. 

I AM DONE, SONOS YOU AND YOUR CRAP APP HAS FRUSTRATED ME FOR THE LAST TIME.

YOUR CEO SHOULD BE CANNED LIKE ANY EMPLOYEE WOULD BE FOR BEING SO BAD AT HIS JOB. THIS IS ALL OVER THE NET THAT SONOS THAT ALWAYS HAD A UNSTABLE APP AND SONOS STOCK WILL DIVE AND IS DIVING. 

SORRY SONOS BUT I AM OUT OF AM DONE. GOODBYE.

The two issues with the new app I would like to see prioritized:

1. Slow startup. It takes a ridiculously long time to open the app.
  2. Sleep timer. This is the one feature I miss most from the old app. Please restore ASAP.

The latest download has been disastrous and given the weak and step by step corrections the logical idea is they have been compromised and are having to build up from the previous platforms. I am by no means a software geek just a guy who can see the forest for the trees

WTF - this is probably one of the worst software updates I’ve seen in oer 40 years working with computers. 

First you took away some major functions - but I was able to use an old version of your app. Now I am forced to update - and the damn app can’t properly connect to my speakers. 

45 minute wait when I call. 

When I try chat - I’m initially told I’m 1st in line, then magically 4 people get in front of me. 

SONOS does a sneaky thing by forcing hardware updates, then requiring app update or your newly updated components (system) will not work. That is downright sleazy.

YES! I fulle agree and I am even wondering if this is legally possible. SONOS willfully blockt an opporunity for users to choose their controller. When we bought the product, we bought it with the controls. It's like you purchase a car and then the manufacturer changes all kinds of things that hamper functionality. I bought SONOS (14-15 products!) because of the basic features the app (controller) offered: NAS music library acces WITH cover art, timers, etc. etc. So, taking away that functionality is taking away something I bought in the first place. I am still open for a class action against SONOS. Any smart lawyers present? 🙂 Must be some ...

I thought by now I should be able to restore my playlist--the songs I have on my computer’s hard drive. I am trying to make my “music folder” on my computer the source of Sonos music, but it won’t let me. I have not been able to play my OWN MUSIC since early May. Are others able to play their own music (stored locally) or is it just me?

I thought by now I should be able to restore my playlist--the songs I have on my computer’s hard drive. I am trying to make my “music folder” on my computer the source of Sonos music, but it won’t let me. I have not been able to play my OWN MUSIC since early May. Are others able to play their own music (stored locally) or is it just me?

I was able to get my library (Mac) back by using the fake NAS method described earlier on this thread, and in more detail at 

And I’ve posted the way to get your playlists back several times here and on that thread, though as of an update or two ago, they can’t be accessed. If you were prescient enough to save them as a Sonos Playlist, those work. At least for now. I’ve had to repeat the process a time or two after an update knocked out my access, but at least I usually do have access.

At least, until Sonos forgets my system yet again...

I would like to add my voice to the chorus of discontent. The old app, while not great, at least worked.

The new one is garbage and I can't recommend Sonos to anyone because of it. It regularly doesn't see my Sonos speakers, and when it does it often won't let me play from any source. When it finally does play, it won't let me control the volume. The entire experience is nothing but frustration.

I would like to add my voice to the chorus of discontent. The old app, while not great, at least worked.

The new one is garbage and I can't recommend Sonos to anyone because of it. It regularly doesn't see my Sonos speakers, and when it does it often won't let me play from any source. When it finally does play, it won't let me control the volume. The entire experience is nothing but frustration.

If you’re still having those kind of difficulties, at this late stage, with the new Sonos App, then (if not done already) you’re probably best to reproduce the issue and immediately submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to help you to resolve the matter.

I appreciate it’s perhaps no comfort to you, but the Sonos App is working at our Home to discover devices and playback all the audio sources that we use to each speaker or group. So your issues may perhaps be  resolvable, if you discuss those issues with Sonos Support.

New version released today FYI 

This may be the first almost painless update since the May disaster. Mac desktop app updated on the first attempt, and I only lost my place in my playlist. Speakers remained, and I can now access my imported playlists. I plan to keep my Sonos playlists updated, just in case…

Now to see if my iPhone battery life has improved any with the update.

Sonos needs to study the Tylenol flap from years ago. The only way to renew customer confidence in their products is to full explain why they released a new app before it was fully tested. I am told it was GREED- wanting to roll out the new headphones. 

I own 11 Sonos products and will probably not buy another until I see a Mia Culpa I can believe.

Dear All,

I was very satisfied with the App control until they change it to a much more complicated version.

i hope the come back with a more easier version soon.

I had my music library working yesterday (no playlists but the media was there) and now, NOTHING. No artists, albums, composers, etc.

Did Sonos break the networked drive work-around?

Sigh.

Close to giving up and ebaying everything and replacing it with Apple Pods.

What did Sonos Support say when you called in?

What did Sonos Support say when you called in?

Do you think the wait times are good at the moment?