Skip to main content

New Sonos App

• 30 May 2024
  • 0 replies

I have been a big fan of Sonos for some time. I own the Arc, Sub (Gen 3), Beam (Gen 2), Sub Mini, and Move. 

While the previous app was not very good it also wasn't very bad. It was tolerable even if the user interface looked like it was designed by a high schooler in an entry level computer class. At least it worked with minimal lag.

For all of the reasons stated by your customers the new app is a complete disaster. The fact that you would release such an app tells me that you are either grossly incompetent or you just don’t care about your customers. Do your software product managers understand how to create a product roadmap and how to determine customer needs and requirements? 

I may never buy another Sonos product because of this utter failure. I am disgusted with you Sonos and suggest that you start consulting your legal team because there may be multidistrict litigation or class action litigation arising from the adverse impact your new app has on a consumer’s ability to enjoy the features, functionality and benefits of their respective Sonos systems - which were warranted at the time of purchase (both express and implied warranties under applicable state law).

You may want to re-distribute the previous app as soon as possible to give Sonos time to retain real software developers and product managers to fix this disaster.

Shame on you for releasing an app that clearly never went through a professional quality control cycle and was designed by people who should not be in the software development business. WHAT A TREMENDOUS DISAPPOINTMENT. HOW CAN WE TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY NOW? You are destroying all of the goodwill you created and greatly harming the Sonos brand. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.