Skip to main content

I’ve just upgraded to the new, May 2024 Sonos S2 app.  It wants local network access (photo).  It already has this.

I’ve toggled Sonos’ local network access on and off in iPadOS settings.  No luck.  The app just keeps asking for access.  I’m now unable to use my Sonos system from the device I use most.

Does anybody else have this problem, and is there a solution other than to wait for Sonos to fix it?

Peter

I deleted the app then reinstalled from the App Store making sure to get the latest release and problem solved

When are we going to get all the artwork and be able to queue music from multiple artists? 

Just bought Era 300 speaker and encounter same problem. Local network access and cannot advance further...

Just noticed my playlists don’t play correctly 🙄…… ie w ring songs play 

After having the problem with my iPhone 13 (iOS 17.4) I left well alone on my iPad.  However, when my iPad (Pro, 11in, gen.3) offered me an update to iPadOS 17.5 I accepted it then installed the latest Sonos (S2) app.  This combination of Apple and Sonos software didn’t have the network access bug.

(Yes, the new app seems to be a step in a wrong direction, but that’s another matter.)

Anyone from Sonos Available to figure this out?  I'm furious about this. 

I updated the app right after a new Wi-Fi Mesh install, the app said “update your Wi-Fi connection is not available in this version, please restore or hard wire” - SO I Restored and now cannot access any of my speaker system.  

Why would you do this to your app?  insane…  So anyone buying a speaker system has paper weights while we wait for someone to correct?  This stuff isn't cheap.  I assume a lot of open box returns happening this weekend.  😡

Extremely frustrating.  I filed warranty claims with AMEX on all of my Sonos devices which are all still within the two year extended warranty offered by AMEX.  Hopefully I can get my money back and buy Bose or something comparable.   Anyone have recommendations for a suitable replacement for Arc and Sub Gen 3?

Off topic, but don’t buy Bose if you care about good sound quality.  You’ll probably find them noticably inferior to Sonos.  There are other multi-room streaming systems.