Skip to main content
Answered

New iOS App won't connect to system

• 27 May 2024
  • 8 replies

I’ve upgraded to new iOS app (80.01.11) on iPhone running 17.5.1. Sonos Playbar & Play:1.

Sonos app settings have Local Network & Bluetooth enabled (disabling either makes no difference). App reports No System Found, and I can’t add system. It is connected to my Wifi (I can see the devices via wifi mgmt tool). I can see and control the system via Sonos Controller for PC (v16.2) over wifi - so there is no problem with my network setup, or the Playbar/Play:1 connection to the network.

Is this a known problem on this new app, any known workaround or fix?

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Some users have corrected this issue by resetting the app and reconnecting to the system:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/reset-the-sonos-app

I’ve got this working now, thanks @Pools-3015 for your input.

Had to reset app, upgrade firmware on my Play1 & PlayBar, Factory reset both & reset-up the system. Quite a painful process just to cater for the upgraded iOS app - would have thought Sonos product team would test scenario’s - and have notification of what Firmware required before upgrading.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I uninstalled app and reinstalled app and it made no difference. Customer support now says it will be mid June before it is fixed. So my system is useless. $3000 worth of kit that I can only use on radio!!

Sadly we cannot rely on Sonos’ Customer Service. #overpromiseunderdeliver. More on that at the end for those who are interested.

I encountered the same issue after upgrading to a new phone. After a few trial and error attempts to resolve the problem I stumbled upon the solution.

1st, Click on your account in the upper right corner of the screen.

2nd, scroll down and click the “App Preferences” button.

3rd, scroll down and click the “Reset App” button.

After logging back into the App, all of my devices were available.

Now to my experience with Sonos’ Customer Service.

After purchasing 3 speakers through their “Certified Refurbished” store on Ebay, I found that 2 of the 3 were added to my system without issue. However, the 3rd speaker would not show up as a device that could be added.

After, trying the Soft and Hard Reset multiple times I decided to contact their Chat Support Option. It was Saturday morning, so the option was not available until 10 am EST. Well after waiting more than 45 minutes for a tech to respond to my request, I gave up and opted to contact Sonos through their Customer Support “Contact us” portal. I also sent the same message via email to the CEO, whose email address is included on their website.

Needless to say the initial response was the typical excuse, “We are currently experiencing higher than normal contact requests.” My response was, “Nonsense, Sonos is not committing sufficient resources to Customer Support.”

I later received an email from one of their customer services reps, who said that the CEO had told him to raise my request to Level 2. After copying my email to the CEO outlining the issue and expressing my frustration and disappointment, the rep said that the would setup a chat session for me. However, the times and dates offered were more than 2 weeks after my initial request for assistance. Clearly the dates were chosen as retribution.

#overpromiseunderdeliver

The dates offered were unacceptable, therefore, I decided to look for a replacement system. None are currently available. Subsequently, I have decided to consider the 3rd speaker as a loss. When an alternative system becomes available I will give all of my 14 devices away and purchase the new option.

Did I mention receiving the typical excuse, “We are currently experiencing higher than normal contact requests.” My response was, “Nonsense, Sonos is not committing sufficient resources to Customer Support.” #overpromiseunderdeliver

Sincerely,

Buzz Goss

How do you reset the Sonos App on Iphone using IOS 17.5 when the app will not open fully? It opens to the black Sonos screen for about 30 seconds and then shuts down. So the process below is unavailable as far as I can see. 

1st, Click on your account in the upper right corner of the screen.

2nd, scroll down and click the “App Preferences” button.

3rd, scroll down and click the “Reset App” button.

The controller works just fine on my laptop but I can’t get it to open on my phone… very frustrating. 

After spending hours on my own and 2 hours with “Tech Support” what finally worked for me in getting the new App to connect to my system, was first connecting the speakers to Ethernet cable in order to have the speaker software updated. It would not update via WiFi.

Then, I could wirelessly connect the speakers to the App and to my account. However, one of my speakers would not connect only find out that one of my Sonos speakers had been ‘paused’ on the router. Once I allowed the router to resume, the speaker was able to connect to the app and my account. 

What model router?

I’m still stuck not being able to use the app on iOS. Which is weird since I can add my music library on my Windows 10 PC. I add everything in the same on the iOS app, but it never even tries to locate the shared music folder. Even stranger is once I start a song from the Windows app, I can then control it from my phone for the music I have played, but it won’t find anything new. So, my work around from now is using the SONOS app for Windows and starting the music from there. I have a shared folder on my QNAP, which I had working find before the new or updated iOS app!