Skip to main content
Question

New App Need to be signed in

• 14 July 2024
  • 0 replies

I briefly used the new app on one device as i in advertantly updated on an Apple tablet. I was able to use some functions but was asked to sign in for others. Otherwise all my mobile devices are on the last version of S2 and i have not updated any speaker/device hardware and accordingly New App does not work on the one device any longer.

I contacted Sonos support to understand if a sign in is required to use the new app for routine functions. In S2, i only needed to sign in, turn on location, bluetooth to provision a new device and then i promptly signed out. Support says that i do not need to be signed in to use my speakers. However as i have read many of the threads and posts here, i am unclear as to whether sign in is actually required to the things i did before ie play music, build playlists, que management, volume changes, speaker groupings etc.

Could i please ask for your expert thoughts on whether i will be able to continue to use my speakers without sign in? As you might infer, being logged in to an account which allows data minining and stealing my private information is a non-starter ie encrypted or not, if logged i simply assume i am being stripped mined and am unpersuadable on this point. I have been concerned about even the occasional sign in for some time but the nature of the new app raises my concerns to an even higher level. Thank you in advance for your help.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!