Skip to main content

New app defaults to alphabetical speaker always?

• 24 May 2024
  • 3 replies

I haven’t talked to anyone that doesn’t hate the new app. A dozen friends and it’s hatred only. No middle ground. 

I haven’t gone through this forum, but my main problem is this: I have music playing on “patio” and and when I change music, it ALWAYS plays the new selection on “basement.” It appears to be bc it’s the first alphabetical selection. Unfortunately basement is a playbar that has tv on, so I have to apologize to someone, deselect basement and deselect patio (or any room). Every time. Awful update. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The first one on my alphabetical list is bedroom. The new app will let me add a speaker to the bedroom one, but will not let me switch to a different speaker just by itself. When I try to turn off the bedroom speaker and select a different one, the app keeps automatically checking off the bedroom speaker again. On the now playing screen, only the bedroom speaker will show.

At one point, I somehow did manage to switch to another speaker, but then I was completely unable to control the music, including just turning it off. I could only do that using a different device where I still had the older app. 

So it’s not just the missing features - even the most basic functions aren’t working properly. 

As a temporary solution, rename the rooms to aBedroom, bPatio, etc. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I used numbers.