Skip to main content
Answered

Network App s2 problem

• 17 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Request for technical assistance.

I have one Sonos Move and I bought a second one for the stereo.

I can't set it up because in the S2 app I installed on my Android phone, when I try to sign in to my sonos account it shows me the message 'try again' again and again and doesn't even get to the screen where I enter a username and password. Likewise when I enter the system - add product. It asks to sign in and continues to bring me to the Try again screen again until he exits. And it also happens to me on the iPad that I try to connect to the same network.

I tried to go to a completely different network, at my place of work, and on the other network the application succeeds in connecting and signing in, so I connected to my account on the other network, but when I returned to my network and tried to install the Move, it tells me that it is trying to check if the application is updated (it is) and it cannot go beyond that. It throws me out, something in the access to the Sonos servers from my network is blocked.

The grid is 2.4. Anyone have an idea?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Yairko 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

You may want to read our Sonos system requirements help page, especially the “Unsupported network setups and devices” section.

However, as you were able to set up your first Move, it’s possible you just need to reboot your router - please turn it off for at least 30 seconds. If you have any WiFi boosters or extenders, please turn them off and leave them off.

Generally, when people are unable to log in, it’s because they are using the wrong email address without realising. As long as you are using the email you have used here on the community, you’re using the right one.

Corporate networks tend to have to be specially configured to accept Sonos - unrecognised devices tend to only get internet access and not cross-communication with other devices - so it doesn’t surprise me that you had trouble there. The fact that you got further suggests something untoward on your own network, hence the reboot.

If you have VPN software on your phone, that could cause problems too.

I hope this helps.