Skip to main content
Question

Need to get a download of Version 13.1 Sonos Windows software (or other version that works with Windows 7)

• 10 June 2024
  • 1 reply

The latest Sonos software has permanently deleted access to my local music library which is stored on a rather ancient network hard drive that I had dedicated for this purpose. Unfortunately Windows 10 will not connect to this drive, calling it insecure. I have an old Windows laptop that WILL connect to it and manage it, BUT I don’t have Sonos software installed on it. Sonos App version 13.1 is the most recent Windows version of the controller app that can be installed on a Windows 7 computer. Is there any place that I can get hold of this or an earlier version? I only need it to reinstall the network link to my music library that got lost in the latest round of app updates. For other purposes I’ll use the more updated software on my iPad, iPhone, and Windows 10 and 11 PCs. All was well previously…

Thanks!

1 reply

There doesn’t seem to be a way to delete my post, so I’m adding an update to say that by sheer luck I found the version that I’m looking for on a back-up. (It happened to be the first version of Sonos 2 that I ever installed.) I’m still struggling to get my library added back, but I think that I need to solve that issue myself.