Skip to main content

Hello

I recently noticed that music quality when listening thru spotify connect is better than airplay. I normally prefer to use original streaming app than Sonos S2 for listening. 

Anybody else also noticed the difference when listening thru spotify connect vs airply?

It’s likely that the audible differences are simply down to the EQ settings and/or any volume levelling.

Spotify Connect would stream direct to the Sonos player at 320kbps Ogg Vorbis. The Spotify native app on iOS would stream at the same quality (assuming it’s configured to do so on WiFi), then be sent losslessly to the Sonos over Airplay. No quality differences.

It’s likely that the audible differences are simply down to the EQ settings and/or any volume levelling.

And since the Spotify Connect route is more elegant inasmuch as it takes the phone out of the loop for music play, that is a better reason to use it. But if it also sounds better, it is all good!

Spotify Connect would stream direct to the Sonos player at 320kbps Ogg Vorbis. The Spotify native app on iOS would stream at the same quality (assuming it’s configured to do so on WiFi), then be sent losslessly to the Sonos over Airplay. No quality differences.

The EQ settings are same when I play through Spotify connect and Airplay