Answered

Music Library Privacy

• 24 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi, I just discovered today that other people on my wifi has been able to look through my playlists and music library’s without even needing to log into my account on the Sonos app- which I’m not too happy about. Is there anyway to fix this? I’m not sure why by default Sonos lets anyone access all the playlists from my music services 

icon

Best answer by ratty 24 December 2023, 14:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

In common with various LAN protocols like UPnP (upon which Sonos in fact relies) Sonos assumes that anyone on the same subnet who has passed the basic WiFi security checks is a ‘friend’.

If you don’t want anyone else to pry, get a travel router and set up Sonos on the router’s private subnet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Anyone with access to your network can do this and fully control music playback on your Sonos system.

You don’t say how exactly you are sharing your music library: there may also be non-Sonos ways of reading it (or even writing to it, which Sonos access does not allow).