Music does not progress along my playlsit

Badge
My sonos system gets stuck on one song, regardless of how I select the song to be played. I have tried to play all of the songs from one album (selected down arrow from the top of the list of songs and select "play now" then tried 'play next' when the album did not progress to the next song, the music repeats on that one song I selected to start with (even if it is the first one in the list). This is an issue with the custom music lists I create, it only plays the song it start with, repeatedly, despite choosing to play all of them (15 songs). So, I guess I am stuck this one song at a time. I have read other forums similar to this, with this same long standing issue and it does not appear to have been addressed by Sonos.

If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it.

Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

When you say "selected down arrow from the top of the list of songs" do you mean next to "all songs" or do you mean the first song in the list?
The reason for question in my previous post is that if you select one song in a playlist, that is all that will play. Sonos doesn't progress automatically to later songs. You need to select "all songs" for that. You may also have the "repeat" option accidentally enabled.
What you can do is choose to add all songs to the queue. If you start playing anywhere in the queue Sonos will progress through the rest of the tracks.
Badge
John, thanks for your replies. Yes I do select "all songs" at the top of the play list, then select "play now" from the drop down list at the right side of the to of the list of songs, assuming this would play all of the songs either in my album I have selected or in a new playlist I have created. I just get the first sing playing repeatedly.
That's not normal. All songs should play.
Your description of what you are doing still doesn't match exactly how I would describe what I do, which is to use the drop-down for "All Songs".

Do you have another controller on a mobile device you could experiment with?
Or you could sign up for the beta and the new version will do this whether you want it to or not...
Or you could sign up for the beta and the new version will do this whether you want it to or not...
Really? I'd better join the beta then so that I can object.
Kermit50

Are you sure you haven't enabled Track Repeat? The repeat icon would be illuminated with a "1" in the middle. (On controllers other than PC or Mac you'll need to display the queue to see this.)

Tap/click the repeat icon to cycle through the settings: No Repeat -> Queue Repeat -> Track Repeat -> No Repeat
Badge
Hi. Thanks for your replies. No, I did not choose "repeat". As a result of my frustration and noticing on another site of the same issue with the Sonos program I ended up joining the Beta software program that Sonos is conducting. I had to download software and low and behold, it is working as it supposed to. I am a long time Sonos user (12 years) and left it about 3 years ago, to return recently, where I ran into the 'repeat' issues on all music tracks. I signed up for the Beta program at this site and am si far delighted with the outcome (my system downloaded new software from the Sonos Beta Site. I am now a happy camper! Here is the site if anyone runs into the same issue: http://www.sonos.com/en-ca/beta/screen
Hey, can you update the site link? It doesn't show a fix. Also, please confirm this wasn't an elaborate hoax? I've got the same problems.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hey, can you update the site link? It doesn't show a fix. Also, please confirm this wasn't an elaborate hoax? I've got the same problems.

Hi there,

You've found a pretty old thread. If you are having issues with songs not progressing in your queue, it's probably not related to the old link about the beta program above. Here's a newer link with information on our beta program.

What is the source of the music you're trying to play? Normally, if you have multiple songs in the queue, it will progress one by one until it reaches the end of the queue. This may be changed by having shuffle enabled, or repeat. Neither of these options should cause the system to not progress on to the next track. Are you getting any errors? What device are you using to control your Sonos system?
I have a Beam that right out of the box works good with Alexa. It controls volume and other cool stuff. But when I play music through Amazon or Pandora, it only plays one song. I say Alexa, "Play Barbara Steisand Radio" and Pandora plays "When we were Young" and then stops without playing other crappy music. I'd expect if it's a software issue, it would be cleared up with the software that was loaded last week when I turned it on for the first time. It's not a queue issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have a Beam that right out of the box works good with Alexa. It controls volume and other cool stuff. But when I play music through Amazon or Pandora, it only plays one song. I say Alexa, "Play Barbara Steisand Radio" and Pandora plays "When we were Young" and then stops without playing other crappy music. I'd expect if it's a software issue, it would be cleared up with the software that was loaded last week when I turned it on for the first time. It's not a queue issue.

Which music service do you have set up as your default in the Alexa app? Can you reproduce the issue, then submit a diagnostic report? Reply with the confirmation number and I'll take a look.
Thanks Jeff. The diagnostics # is 2014478908. My command was "Alexa, play album Nursery Rhyme Parade". The Sonos system (Beam + 2 PlayOnes) stopped after the first song "ABCs". There's about 20 songs on the album and my daughter loves to sing along to each of them. We don't have this problem when we use the Sonos app. It will play the entire album, playlist, station, etc when using the App.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks Jeff. The diagnostics # is 2014478908. My command was "Alexa, play album Nursery Rhyme Parade". The Sonos system (Beam + 2 PlayOnes) stopped after the first song "ABCs". There's about 20 songs on the album and my daughter loves to sing along to each of them. We don't have this problem when we use the Sonos app. It will play the entire album, playlist, station, etc when using the App.

Please see my reply to your direct message.