Skip to main content
Is there a way to prevent another user from over riding what is playing already from my phone? For example, if I am playing music from my phone and my son logs into the app on the ipad it automatically starts his music even though it was originally started from my phone.
Not currently. It's been a requested feature for a long time, but of course Sonos doesn't share their priority backlog with us.
Hi cas14

Your profile shows that you only own a Connect:Amp which is most likely driving a pair of 3rd party speakers in a main listening area? If that 's accurate you might consider picking up a Play 1 ($149_USD) and registering it to your son (under a different account) for his room. If only playing music that is stored on a device you are good to go.

If you are using a streaming service...then B4 you buy (the Play 1) check to see if there are free plans available that he can use separately under his own credentials. Also check to see if there are multi-user accounts to allow simultaneous streaming to different devices in the same household. Good Luck!

Cheers!