Skip to main content

Hi all,

I have downloaded the S2 Controller app for Windows 10 and I am facing the issue that I cannot find the option how to minimize the Controller into the system tray. When I minimize it, the the app gets minimized into the taskbar. I tried to open Mini Controller and then to minimize the master app, but then I got two application in the taskbar instead of system tray.

Could you please let me know if there is any “hidden” option that you can check/uncheck to have S2 Controller app minimized into the system tray like, for example, Spotify app.

Thank you and best regards.

I am not aware of any version of the Desktop app that has ever had this option.

Unlike the Spotify app, you can just exit the Sonos app and the music will continue. The Sonos app is not a music player, it is a remote control, playback is done by the speakers themselves.

There are third party tools which will minimize any application to the sys tray. 

Or knock up a simple script to hide/show the main controller window.

I am not aware of any version of the Desktop app that has ever had this option.

Unlike the Spotify app, you can just exit the Sonos app and the music will continue. The Sonos app is not a music player, it is a remote control, playback is done by the speakers themselves.

Thanks! If you are connected to Sonos, Volumio, etc. with Spotify app by using Spotify Connect, you can start music and turn-off the application and the music will continue. The same goes with Sonos app, so actually there is no a big difference from that perspective. Both applications has player capabilities, therefore I don’t understand why it cannot be minimized into the tray.

There are third party tools which will minimize any application to the sys tray. 

Or knock up a simple script to hide/show the main controller window.

Thank you ratty! I will search for third-party solution...when you are saying “simple script”, does Sonos support scripting language in some format? Very interesting input, could you please share more details?

Thank you!

Not scripting in Sonos, but using a scripting language supported by Windows.

There are bags of third party utilities around which can do this. Be sure to check the site/download for potential nasties.